Image Map

Sunday, August 2, 2015

First Day Tried & True Linky: Lesson Idea for the First Day!

When I first joined this amazing linky of First Day plans, I knew I wanted to share my favorite writing lesson for the first day. It gets students sharing and building relationships right from the start!
 
It all centers around one of my favorite first day read alouds: 
How I Spent My Summer Vacation by Mark Teague 

I have read this book every first day for the past four years, people. You know it has to be good if even Pinterest (which has exploded over the past 4 years) hasn't yet shown me a lesson that I would use to replace this. It is definitely tried and true!
Click here for my lesson plan.

The writing template I use for this activity is apart of my Back to School Essentials Pack.
Thanks to Chrissie at Undercover Classroom and Sarah at Education Electrification for hosting this great linky party! Be sure to check out other Tried & True activities as you plan your first day!
Image Map

5 comments:

  1. Love this book! I know kids will love it too, along with your writing project.
    Debbie
    Crockett's Classroom . . . Forever in Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't wait to try this with my students next year!

    http://educationelectrification.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adrienne! I LOVE this book! I just downloaded your freebie and will take a look at the full pack very shortly. I also love the "marshmallow feet in the hallway" expression on your quality student chart. Very cute idea. Thanks for linking up with us! I'm so glad that I discovered your blog through this linky!
    Chrissie
    Undercover Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking for something to do with this book! I just love it! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whether front-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive, an electric powertrain delivers almost instantaneous torque to a drive that comes naturally.

    ReplyDelete