Image Map

Friday, August 8, 2014

Five for Friday - August 8th

This week was awesome! Here's why:

We returned from our vacation to Myrtle Beach. It was our first time taking our little one (15 mo.) on vacation and we were worn out. Next time, we are taking the grandparents. Thank God for the peaceful car trip both ways! It was almost 7 hours and SG slept at least 5 hours both ways! My Toddler Travel Basket helped keep her calm during the time she was awake.

I finished my Homework Packet Cover for the year. Whew! I have spent so much time thinking about homework this summer. I'm glad I finally got it out of the way. Click here to read more about how it works in my classroom.


I have been hitting the gym more and more lately. I am actually starting to enjoy working out and I look forward to it! Now, If I could only get my eating habits under control, I would really start sheding the pounds!

This week was the last full week I have to myself. Next week I go in 2 days for meetings, the week after that I am able to start setting up my room, and the following week is our "work week", so I need to start getting prepared. While I was at the beach I picked up a brand new teacher bag, yay! My old teacher bag was a tote from Old Navy that I got free with a purchase. Not cute, but useful and durable. I walked into a little, empty, dusty store and found this baby on sale for $25! I love it, it's huge and has pockets!

I went to the only teacher supply store in my town this week. It was lovely. I found so many cute things, including this border. I asked my Instagram friends if I should get chevron or moroccan and most thought moroccan. When I got home I realized the moroccan is turning out to be my thing this year, I had already bought contact paper and Washi tape with the same pattern!


Don't forgot to stop by Doodle Bugs Teaching to see what everyone else has been up to this week!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that bag! I am a serious chevron and moroccan obsessed teacher..really, what more do you need?

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother lives in MB so we have been several times. It is a great place isn't it? Did you go to Broadway on the Beach--my kids always enjoy that!!
    LOVE the bag, too!
    Becky (Kinder Korner)

    ReplyDelete