Image Map

Friday, July 1, 2016

Five for Friday - July 1st, 2016

I'm back! Whew, it's been a long hiatus! What better way then to re-enter the bloggy world then with a Five for Friday catch-up, hosted by Kacey of Doodle Bugs Teaching. This school year was a blur for me. I had a lot going on at school and at home, which left me overwhelmed...I even had to delete my Periscope so I could cut distractions. I know, I know, I am probably so out of the loop now.


I am back in full force this summer and I am kicking it off with a look back at this school year.

Wrapping Up the Year
I transferred schools this year looking for a change and I had a really difficult transition. I'm proud to say I made it through! Our last day was June 17th and now I officially have 5 years in the books!

Good-bye Trailer Life!
I spent this past year with a trailer as a classroom. There were definitely pros and cons. What I found out is that I am not the type of teacher that enjoys being out of the building and away from my team. Some of the other teachers out in trailers with me loved it and would love to stay. To each their own. I am ecstatic to be moving into the building next year, right next door to my teaching bestie!

Celebrate!
Although this was the most difficult teaching year I've had, I also had some huge successes. My classroom community this year was phenomenal. One thing trailer-living did was teach us to rely on each other more, since we were separate from everyone else. I also had the highest scoring year of my career with end of year state testing!
It's a Girl!
This winter, I found out that I was pregnant with my second. We were so excited. I had horrible morning sickness all-day long last time and this time was no exception. It made for some miserable school days. But, all is well now and our baby girl is due at the very end of September. As thrilled as I am to have the summer off during my third trimester to rest, I am super anxious about only having a couple weeks with my new group before having to split. But, because I have teacher OCD, I already created a maternity binder and have started planning for my leave.

Here's to the Summer
I am so excited for summer. Not only does it mean a lot of rest for my swollen-preggo feet, but it means one-on-one time with my daughter. I can not wait to spend all summer going on new adventures with her. These are the last days that she will have me all to herself. I have plans to keep her busy with library trips, pool days, play dates, park-hopping, and daily walks. If any of you have good ideas for entertain a three-year-old, please share.

Have an amazing Friday!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on that 2nd baby!! Enjoy your 3rd trimester! My daughter has her 3rd due towards the end of July!! We are all excited! Have a great weekend! Linda's Learning Loot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your upcoming new little one! How exciting! Hope you can relax a bit this summer!

    Jordan
    Team J's Second Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope so too! Running after my 3 yr old has got me worn out! :)

      Delete
  3. Your blog is beautiful! Congratulations on baby #2 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took me forever playing around with my blog, but I was ready for a change.

      Delete