Image Map

Monday, July 11, 2016

Monday Made It - Objective Posters Freebie

This Monday, I decided to link up with a digital made-it that I just finished and posted as a freebie in my TPT shop.

I don't know about your district/principal, but for me, displaying daily objectives is a big "look-for" during observations and walk-thrus. This past year, my school made the switch from just requiring content objectives (the what) to also requiring matching language objectives (the how).

For example, instead of just saying:
"I can compare and contrast two fiction texts",
we need to say HOW we are going to do that; like:
"I can compare and contrast two fiction texts by using a Venn diagram to sort trait/feature cards."

As you can imagine, when you have to say HOW you are going to be learning the objective, your objectives need to change daily. I was the worst at this. I would completely forget, my personal goal was to change my objectives at least once a week.

Before the extra "how" piece was required, I used pre-made posters to display my objectives. One year, I changed all the objectives into kid-terms and printed them for each subject onto different colored paper. I put the papers inside a plastic sleeve and displayed it using binder rings. It was easy to just flip the pages to find the objective for the current day.


This year, I created posters, that I plan on laminating, so it will be easy to erase and re-write each day. I added the EDITABLE posters to my TPT store as a freebie.


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Classroom-Objective-Posters-2638463


Be sure to swing by 4th Grade Frolics for more amazing Monday Made-It Posts.

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of keeping the posters in a sleeve and flipping!! Have a great week! Pam from PJ Jots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Do you think it would still have the same effect if I only had one? :) 6th grade problems. ;)

    https://ladyliteracy-sixthgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! They look so colorful and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have the HOW in the posters! Thanks for the freebie--it's GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! I hand write mine each day and yes, some days I space and forget to...So sweet of you to share them as a freebie! Thank you for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before when television, radio and Internet came into existence, the government used the posters as official "notices" or "edicts". Cheap Online Printing

    ReplyDelete