Image Map

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Classroom Decor Linky

In my county, school always starts the day after Labor Day. This year, the big day falls on September 2nd. Our work week is jam-packed with inservices and conferneces and we aren't allowed into our classroom until the week before that. Like Tuesday or Wednesday of the week before. So really, we only have 3 MAYBE 4 days in our room before all of our time at school is been utilized by meetings. And then school starts.

I will not be able to begin setting up my classroom for a of couple weeks still, but I wanted to participate in the Class Decor linky with Ms. V and Mrs. D. I don't have any fancy pictures of my classroom to show you, but I will leave you with my thoughts on the matter and the items I have collected so far.

My Thoughts
Let me preface this by saying, I love a cute classroom. I honestly do. I work hard to make my classroom a clean, organized, aesthetically pleasing place for my students to spend their time. That being said, I do feel that a classroom is not a teacher showcase. I see so many amazing pictures of classrooms decked out with every detail before the students ever step foot into the room. Think about it this way: If you were to buy a house completely furnished, it might be beautiful, but it wouldn't feel like you. You would need to add your own touches, pictures, colors to make it your own. The same is true for our students. We want them to help design our room because it is their room too. I was always told, and still follow the rule, that anything put on the walls without the students will become wallpaper. If you want students to utilize word walls, anchors charts, and posters, you need to incorporate them into your lesson or create them together before hanging it on a wall. Okay, I'm stepping down off my soap box now. I will end my rant by reiterating, I love cute classrooms!

My Collection
(I think "collection" sounds a lot better than all the many things I've bought and stashed in a corner in the basement so my hubby doesn't ask about it. I really do need 30 folders and various paper trays and multiple colors of duck tape AND washi tape. And no, washi tape is NOT the same as duck tape. Y'all get it, right?)

I have a lot more of these, enough for a classroom of 30. They also come in red and clear.
 Yay! Matching baskets! I bought the library baskets in these color last year, so I am glad I can continue to ass to my color scheme.


Well, there you have it. Don't forget to visit the link up for more great ideas and pretty pictures!



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE all of your great finds, thanks so much for sharing!! It looks like I need to get b2s shopping ASAP!! :-) Glad I met you through the linky party!!
    Warmest Wishes, Erin from Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete