Image Map

Friday, July 25, 2014

Five for Friday - July 25th

WAHOO! IT'S FRIDAY! I have not been more excited for a Friday all summer. This is probably because:
It is the last Friday of summer school! YES! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind teaching summer school, I would even say that I enjoy it. But, these last couple days have been so long and I am definitely counting down the minutes right along with all the students.


 We're headed for Myrtle Beach! I am so excited! My husband is a little worried about the 8 hr. car trip with our 15 month old, but all I can think is sun, sand, and relaxation!


Plickers! I know I mentioned the awesomeness that is plickers in yesterday's post about assessment organization, but I couldn't just ignore them in my Friday five. I mean, this IS the first week I've actually used them. Plus, I took pictures I wanted to share.

 This week was also Teddy's birthday. Who is Teddy you ask? Why, my dog of course! He is our boxer who just turned 3! He was our baby before we had a baby. Here they are together, both captivated by my husband doing something outside.

 Drumroll please.....Data Notebooks! I also briefly mentioned this in my assessment post, but I wanted to circle back. I don't know how I could get through back to school season without it! We tend to do a lot in our notebooks at the beginning of the year and then maintain with scores, goals, and reflections throughout. It has made my 8-year-olds a lot more responsible! You can check out the notebook that I created for my classroom here.


Have a great weekend!


3 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to check out Plickers. It sounds interesting. Thanks for sparking my interest!

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh - I love PLICKERS - just downloaded. Thanks!

    http://brooksonbedford.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm a VA teacher and I'm heading to Myrtle Beach in two weeks! Great minds think alike, right?! I’m gearing up for a big giveaway on my blog on August 11 - come stop by so you don’t miss it!! Are you a member of the VA Teacher Bloggers FB page?
    Sarah
    Beyond The Gradebook

    ReplyDelete